Basic Courier Tracking Process
Courier tracking is crucial to modern logistics. Order placement is followed by careful processing and labeling. After being given to the carrier, the package travels. These popular status notifications give clients real-time shipment updates.
- Order Received: The sender's cargo request has been received by the courier.
- Order processed: The system accepts shipment details and generates a tracking number. We prepare the cargo for pickup.
- Out for Pickup: Couriers are in route to pick up the goods from the sender.
- In Transit: The package is en route. It may pass through sorting centers or hubs.
- Arrived at Sorting Facility: The shipment has arrived at a central facility where it will be sorted by destination.
- Out for Delivery: A local delivery agent is delivering the parcel to the receiver after sorting it.
- Delivery Attempted: The delivery agent tried to deliver the package. This status may be updated based on the outcome.
- Delivered: The package arrived. This status often includes a timestamp and the recipient's signature.
- Exception: The exception status is utilized for unforeseen transit events like delays, address issues, or other concerns. Courier service will handle the issue.
- Returned to Sender: If eligible, the package will be returned to the sender if it couldn't be delivered.