The Global Courier Tracking tool is a third-party parcel tracking service (also called a multi-carrier tracking service) that lets you track packages online with 477 express and mail carriers around the world. To track and follow a single foreign or local package, you can enter a tracking number, air waybill (AWB) number, or reference number. To track multiple packages, you can use a CSV upload or the web shipping tracking API.
Checking the progress of a lot of foreign packages sent through Australia EMS will show you all the tracking information from both the sending country and the receiving country in one place.
On the Australia EMS shipping tracking result page, you can sign up for email arrival notifications that will let you know whenever the state of your order changes.
"Tracking Status descriptions & suggestions" is where you can find information about how to understand a certain tracking event.Website for the company: https://auspost.com.au/
Talk to Australia EMS:
Calling from outside of Australia? Call +61 3 8847 9045
People with a business account: 13 11 18
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., you can get help. All over Australia (except on public holidays)
Global Courier Tracking gives you real-time information about your Australia EMS package and works with many languages, such as English, French, Spanish, German, and more.
1.Managing the tracking of shipments:
a. Automatic tracking and delivery notifications: Once you join in, you can set up the "Notification Settings." This will allow the system to automatically track your Australia EMS waybills and let customers know when they are in progress, picked up, delivered, or if there are any other issues.
b. Works with eBay, AliExpress, and Magento: If you connect your eBay, AliExpress, or Magento account to Global Courier Tracking, our system will gather all the information into one place, where you can see the waybill information.
2. Support for multiple languages: It works with sixteen languages, making it easy for people from all over the world to use.
About EMS Australia:
Australia Post has added more products and services and put money into big technology-based infrastructure projects over the last 15 years. These days, it mainly deals with three things: writing and related services; store goods and agency services; and packages and transportation. For example, you can pay your bills and do your banking through its store network. It also provides delivery and fulfillment services, as well as direct marketing and information management. It also has a number of businesses and joint ventures. One of these is Sai Cheng shipping International, a shipping company that was set up in 2005 as a joint venture between the company and China Post.
|Australia EMS Customer Support Information
Basic Courier Tracking Process
Courier tracking is crucial to modern logistics. Order placement is followed by careful processing and labeling. After being given to the carrier, the package travels. These popular status notifications give clients real-time shipment updates.
- Order Received: The sender's cargo request has been received by the courier.
- Order processed: The system accepts shipment details and generates a tracking number. We prepare the cargo for pickup.
- Out for Pickup: Couriers are in route to pick up the goods from the sender.
- In Transit: The package is en route. It may pass through sorting centers or hubs.
- Arrived at Sorting Facility: The shipment has arrived at a central facility where it will be sorted by destination.
- Out for Delivery: A local delivery agent is delivering the parcel to the receiver after sorting it.
- Delivery Attempted: The delivery agent tried to deliver the package. This status may be updated based on the outcome.
- Delivered: The package arrived. This status often includes a timestamp and the recipient's signature.
- Exception: The exception status is utilized for unforeseen transit events like delays, address issues, or other concerns. Courier service will handle the issue.
- Returned to Sender: If eligible, the package will be returned to the sender if it couldn't be delivered.